Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Work Must Go On

     I feel like it is unnecessary for me to point out that there has been an enormous amount of tragedy in recent events.  Hearing about it has left me sorrowful and righteously vexed at the same time.  Each of these stories left me with the feeling as if my safety is constantly in jeopardy.  Sometimes I find myself begging God to give me peace while I'm in class or driving down the road.  I'm constantly reminded that I'm a child of the King so I never need to doubt that God will protect me.  I have no clue what could happen, but no matter what happens I want to be used for the glory of God.

     Sometimes God ministers to me using song lyrics.  Recently, I was reminded of Do Something by Matthew West, which answers a lot of questions that have been running through every person's mind after so many horrible events... "God, why don't you do something?"

God said, "I did.  I created you."

     If that's not a slap in the face for many people (including myself), I don't know what would do the job.  God calls us all to be His example in the world.  People should be able to tell you are a Christian by the way you conduct yourself.  Romans 12:1-2 states, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

     God sent His son to die for us and he simply asks for our "reasonable service" in return?  It would have been so easy for God to send us all to Hell without blinking an eye... but He chose to love us despite our sin.  As a people for God, we should be making an effort everyday to be more and more like Jesus, which is the greatest example the world will ever see.

"If not us, then who?  If not me and you... Right now, it's time for us to do something.  If not now, then when will we see an end to all this pain?  It's not enough to do nothing.  It's time for us to do something."
Let this song speak volumes to you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_RjndG0IX8

     Another song I've found to be a help is Words by Hawk Nelson.  This best applies to the ongoing presidential election (God help us) and it inspired me to pick up the pen once more.  I have never seen so many poorly phrased and misinterpreted statements as I've seen in the presidential debates.  The selection is poor and our nation is in need of God's mercy after seeing what kind of corruption will be in undeserved power after Election Day.

"Words can build you up.  Words can break you down.  Start a fire in your heart or put it out."

     Our biggest problem is the fact that there are too many words putting out our fires rather than setting in ablaze.  Why did our fire go out?  Where is our passion?  Lord, heal us... a broken people.

    The potential leaders of our country are using words and living in ways that are totally immoral and the people are sitting on their hands and saying, "Well, we have no choice."

    As long as you are alive, you have a choice.  You choose God.  You choose to love.  You do something.  This isn't the end.  Don't start begging God to come back because as long as you're on this earth, you have a purpose.  God will come when He's ready.  Until then, you do your reasonable service.

"Let my words be life.  Let my words be truth.  I don't wanna say a word unless it points the world back to You."
Enjoy this one as well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anVweXDcxhA

     The beautiful part of doing the work of God is that God's plan is perfect and comes with tremendous rewards.  The song I thought that was most fitting for this is Bury the Workman by Unspoken.

"You can bury the workman, but the work will go on.  You can silence the voices, but you can't stop the song.  When the Spirit's moving, His will will be done."
So much good music... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKw2TDCj0k0

     No matter what happens, God's plan will be fulfilled.  God's people will have a home with Him in Heaven.

     Seek the Lord first, spend time in prayer, and understand your calling as a workman.

     As always, I speak to you with a heart full of love and mind full of frantic words that I can't type out fast enough.  I'm thankful that the Word of God cannot be silenced.  It's truth and it's our only hope.  I don't mean to overwhelm anybody. Thankfully, God gives us a peace that is only found in Him.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." - John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment